Visions 4 a Cooperative Future: Cooperativism for the 21st Century Europe & Beyond is an international interdisciplinary conference on cooperativism that will be help December 4-6, 2014 in Bratislava, Slovakia. The event is organized by INECON in conjunction the C-BIRD project and the European Alternatives and International Young Professionals Foundation.
The aim of the conference is to address issues related to the status and role of cooperatives and social enterprises in social and economic development in the V4 countries – Slovakia, the Czech Republic, Hungary and Poland within a broader European context (South-Eastern and Western Europe) both from the point of view of a historical and theoretical reflection and from practical perspectives.
The Conference also aims to:
- bring together academics, policy makers and practitioners to present research, discuss current knowledge and exchange experiences related to cooperative, social and solidarity economy and various forms of cooperative action
- promote networking among academics and practitioners and further build a community of experts and interested parties for ongoing collaboration, dialogue and research on cooperative, social and solidarity economy and various forms of cooperative action in Europe and beyond
Papers can address, but are not limited to, the following areas:
- the history of the cooperative movement and social and solidarity economy development and the current relevancy and standing of cooperatives in the economies of the V4 and other European countries
- the democratic and social dimension of cooperatives and their role of in social economy
- the impact of cooperatives and social economy actors on local/sub-regional economies
- the cooperative model in rural development
- the cooperative model for disadvantaged regions and communities
- social economy and social cooperatives – forms and linkages
- good practices in various forms of cooperative action
- factors hindering the development of the cooperative and social enterprise sector
- financing start-up and existing cooperatives
- legislative support for the development of cooperativism in the future
- public policies supporting the development of social economy and cooperativsm in Europe
- educational programs in cooperativism and social economy
The deadline for the submission of papers is October 24, 2014.
To register for the Conference, visit the Project INECON website.